Tuesday, April 23, 2013

2 Ingredient Cookies. Dairy free.

I stumbled across this idea somewhere on the web recently and made a mental note to try it out. 2 ingredient cookies, what a great idea for busy people.
Sooooo the name is kinda deceiving, the base is simply 2 ingredients and then you can build from there, or I guess not if you chose to. They're dairy free depending on your add ins. The first time I made these my husband tried one straight out of the oven and wasn't overly impressed, but after sitting for about 15 minutes the flavour greatly improved. I wouldn't say these are my most favourite cookies ever (having said that I have my second batch in 2 days currently on the go) BUT they are tasty, super fast to make and don't require any ingredients that you wouldn't have on hand.




So the base is:
2 medium sized bananas, mashed
1 cup organic rolled oats

Simply mix these together in a bowl then add your flavours of choice.

I've done:
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 dried organic cranberries
And they were yummy.

In the oven I've currently got:
2 tsp cacao powder
1/2 cup organic raisins
1/2 cup chopped, black & greens 70% dark chocolate

The possibilities are endless....

Once you have added your flavours check the consistency.
 - Try not to add to many add ins as they can become dry.
 - Also bananas obviously vary in size so if mixture is to wet add a sprinkle more oats. They need to hold together when rolled into a ball.

Roll into balls, about 14, and place on cookie trays lined with baking paper. Slightly flatten the balls with your hand.

Bake on 180c for about 12-15mins, until golden. And remember to let sit for 15 minutes or so, to enjoy their full flavour.

Enjoy =)
Kylee



No comments:

Post a Comment