Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Almond Milk

Here at the Saunig household we try to limit our dairy intake. If I overdose on dairy it causes my tummy to hate me, If Abigail does she comes out in a nappy rash, so we no longer keep it in the house. Also I believe there is something unnatural about consuming the milk of another species (cow milk is for calfs, right?)...could just be me.  Anyway, I do sometimes have a little dairy, but at home we make our own Almond Milk. It's quite simple to make, very tasty, not to mention far cheaper than buying it in the Supermarkets, and you know exactly what is in it. Abigail really enjoys it, she has this in her bottle before bed and every morning on her favourite breakfast: Porridge with Goji Berries..Anyway, here is my recipe for Almond Milk. 






Place in Thermomix or high powder blender.
1 cup Almonds (soaked in water overnight, drained & rinsed)
2 fresh dates
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
Speed 9, 1 Minute.

Add
1 ltr water
In TM, Speed 4, 1 Minute.

Squeeze through a nut bag/muslin cloth and store in the fridge. Use within 2-3 days.
Enjoy =)
Kylee

No comments:

Post a Comment